Here’s the Good News section of the Surrey Heath Neighbourhood Police Team Communique, October 2017 Issue 17.
19 October, A Bagshot man has been charged with 10 counts of theft from the BP Bagshot. He is due to appear before a court on 07 November.
18 October, Following a theft in Sainsbury’s, Guildford Road, Bisley a male was detained outside the store who was looking to make off from the location. Members of the public assisted police and a subsequent investigation is now under way with clear lines of enquiry in place.
- A male has been charged and remanded following an incident where an officer had been assaulted. The CPS were consulted and authorised a charge based on the male being of no fixed abode.
- A male found guilty of assault and turning a pool cue into a weapon at Camberley Mens Working Club last year was sentenced to 18 months in prison.
- A Camberley man was sentenced last week for two offences of exposure and sexual assault which took place in 2016. He received the following sentence: 3 year Community Order; Sex Offender Group Work Programme (100 days); Unpaid work (300 hours); £500 costs; £60 victim surcharge; 5 years on the sex offenders register
- A vehicle linked to a number of burglaries in Surrey Heath has been recovered in the Metropolitan Police area. A number of items within the vehicle were recovered and reunited with the original owners. The investigation is still under way.
14 October, A male has been charged and remanded in custody following a burglary at Penny Hill Park, Bagshot. After the report was made to police, the suspect was quickly apprehended, arrested and stolen property was recovered.
13 October, On the A331 in Camberley a male was stopped driving a vehicle whilst disqualified. The male was reported for driving offences and his car was seized and taken off the road.
Crime Prevention Advice: Message from Surrey Police Community Volunteer, David Howie for Surrey Heath.
This week has seen a spike in overnight motor vehicle crime. Offences have been seen in the Old Dean, Frimley, Heatherside, St Paul’s and Bagshot.
Please take time to check that your vehicles are secure and that no items of value are on display.
This is the Good News part of the Surrey Heath Neighbourhood Police Team Communique, October 2017/ Issue 16, circulated by Surrey Police Community Volunteer, David Howie.
- 7 Wardle Close, Bagshot. This property closure has been extended until 8th January 2018. This was originally put in place to protect a vulnerable resident who was having his flat used by drug dealers / users and causing significant distress to local residents. The extension will allow partner agencies to safeguard further the vulnerable resident and for all his living needs to be considered.
- Criminal Behaviour Order. A Camberley dog owner has been charged by Surrey Heath Borough Council for a dog abatement offence due to her keeping dogs which continued to bark and upset local residents. As a result the court also issued a 5 year Criminal Behaviour Order preventing the female from owning, living or frequenting addresses that house dogs.
- Lucas Green Road, West End. Following a burglary in Lucas Green Road, the local police team have retrieved the belongings that were found by local residents in and around the area and given them back to their rightful owner, including items that were taken which belonged to the victim’s mother that could not be replaced.
- Lorraine Road, Camberley. It is good to know that the work we do with our partners to stop people causing misery to others really does work. Our Anti-social Behaviour team attended Guildford Magistrates Court on Monday 9 October to apply for a discharge to a property closure that was granted on a flat in Lorraine Road, Camberley in May this year. This means that rather than waiting until November when the order expires, Accent Housing can now enter the property to carry out the necessary repairs and place a new tenant in the property a lot quicker.
The flat was originally closed down due to ongoing anti-social behaviour such as drug use and dealing. There was also a stream of undesirables visiting the property at all times of the day and intimidating and being abusive to other residents living in the block. The tenant was not capable of adhering to the terms of his tenancy and chose an anti-social lifestyle over the rights of his neighbours to enjoy their home environment.
Neighbourhood Sergeant Michael Knight is delighted with the outcome of the closure: “Since the property was closed in May, we haven’t received any calls about anti-social behaviour in this block and I believe this is a direct consequence of the closure order. Residents have told us that their children are sleeping properly now and are able to play outside and they’ve got their freedom back. Other residents have told us they feel much safer now, there’s no noise and it has changed their lives completely. My team routinely patrol Lorraine Road and they’ve noticed a marked improvement in the area – there is far less foot traffic in the area now and the residents in the block of flats are happy and their lives have returned to normal. This is as a direct consequence of the closure order. “I think this is a really good example of how we can work together with partners, in this case Accent Housing, to bring about a successful outcome for our residents.”
Surrey Police Community Volunteer, David Howie, reports on recent thefts, burglaries, and criminal damage in Surrey Heath in the latest InTheKnow Bulletin for Surrey Heath
- Crime No.45170110431 – On 06/10/2017 between 13:00 and 14:42, at Upper College Ride, Camberley. Card stolen from vehicle and then used in multiple locations.
- Crime No.45170112429 – Between 10/10/2017 from 19:00 to 11/10/2017 at 05:30, in Brackendale Road, Camberley. Vehicle searched overnight and cash stolen from the glovebox.
- Crime No.45170112536 – Between 09/10/2017 from 09:00 to 10/10/2017 at 07:30, in Pine Avenue, Camberley. Jacket stolen from a vehicle parked on the driveway.
- Crime No.45170112164 – On 08/10/2017 from 00:01 to 23:59, in Shildon Close, Frimley. Cat has been shot by an air weapon.
- Crime No.45170110459 – On 06/10/2017 from 01:30 to 02:30, in Buckingham Way, Frimley. Car aerial stolen from a white Volkswagen.
- Crime No.45170111289 – On 08/10/2017 from 17:28 to 18:30, in Portsmouth Road, Frimley. Three deep scratches across both doors of a Volkswagen Touareg while parked in car park of Our Lady Queen in Heaven (Under investigation).
- Crime No.45170111987 – Between 29/09/2017 from 17:30 to 30/09/2017 at 08:00, in Hamilton Close, Bagshot. All four tyres on a Ford Transit van punctured.
- Crime No.45170112898 – On 11/10/2017 from 23:00 to 23:30, in Windsor Court Road, Chobham. Hole smashed in victim’s window whilst out walking his dog
Surrey Police Community Volunteer, David Howie, reports on recent thefts, burglaries, and criminal damage in Surrey Heath in the latest InTheKnow Bulletin for Surrey Heath
- Crime no.45170109003 – Between 02/10/2017 from 19:00 to 03/10/2017 at 06:30, in Toby Carvery, Portsmouth Road, Camberley. Theft of items from motor Ford Transit van parked overnight at location – captured on CCTV (Under investigation)
- Crime no.45170107664 – On 29/09/2017 at 20:00 in Princess Way, Camberley. Criminal Damage to the steel door that is boarding up BHS in Camberley Town Centre. (Under investigation)
- Crime no.45170108182 – On 30/09/2017 at 22:55, in Victoria Avenue, Camberley. Suspect has poured paint stripper onto a Range Rover Sport causing damage to the paintwork (Under investigation)
- Crime no.45170105646 – Between 22/09/2017 from 23:30 to 23/09/2017 at 08:00, in Copped Hall Drive Camberley. Car parked in driveway overnight. Damage was caused during this time to the exterior of the vehicle on the driver’s side. The wing mirror was damaged and all along the side and part of the roof was badly scratched with probably a key or sharp object.
- Crime no.45170105855 – Between 22/09/2017 from 09:45 to 25/09/2017 at 20:20, in Cedar Lane, Frimley. Forced petrol caps from two vehicles in a private car park. No petrol taken (Under investigation)
- Crime no.45170107842 – Between 29/09/2017 from 17:00 to 30/09/2017 at 09:30, in Field Lane, Frimley. Overnight a flower pot was used to damage rear nearside window of a Red Volkswagen Polo parked on a residential street.
- Crime no.45170107843 – Between 29/09/2017 from 17:00 to 30/09/2017 at 09:30, in Conway Close, Frimley. Offside wing mirror ripped from a white Ford Fiesta parked outside victim’s home address overnight.
- Crime no.45170108163 – On 30/09/2017 at 21:30 in Stoneleigh Court, Frimley. In the hours of darkness a 25 cm diameter stone was thrown at a garage door causing a large dent.
- Crime no.45170107843 – Between 29/09/2017 from 17:00 to 30/09/2017 at 09:30, in Conway Close, Frimley. Offside wing mirror have been ripped off from a car parked outside victim’s home address overnight.
- Crime no.45170107823 – On 30/09/2017 at 02:30, in Buckingham Way, Frimley. Driver’s side windscreen wiper snapped on a black Hyundai 1X35
- Crime no.45170108165 – Between 30/09/2017 from 20:30 to 01/10/2017 at 08:30, in Buckingham Way, Frimley. Blue Volkswagen Golf car aerial stolen.
- Crime no.45170108166 – Between 30/09/2017 from 20:30 to 01/10/2017 at 08:30 in Buckingham Way, Frimley. Silver Peugeot 308 car aerial stolen
- Crime no.45170109080 – On 03/10/2017 from 12:01 to 06:00, in Worsley Road, Frimley. A BMW had a Stanley knife inserted in the tyre and twisted out leaving the blade inside.
- Crime no.45170108242 – On 01/10/2017 at 05:15, in Pinewood Gardens, Bagshot. Suspect has searched silver SEAT parked on the driveway without taking anything.
- Crime no.45170109861 – Between 04/10/2017 from 22:00 to 05/10/2017 at 06:00, in Yaverland Drive, Bagshot. Vehicle broken into and items taken.
- Crime no.45170109286 – Between 03/10/2017 from 23:00 to 04/10/2017 at 06:00, in Beta Road, Chobham. The spare wheel and rear nearside wheel on a Land Rover stolen overnight
- Crime no.45170108835 – On 02/10/2017 from 22:05 to 22:20, in High Street, Bagshot. During the hours of darkness have driven by in a dark grey people carrier and fired 2 ball bearings causing damage to 2 glass panes of The Cedar Tree and then have driven away. (Under investigation)
- Crime no.45170108998 – Between 02/10/2017 from 23:30 to 03/10/2017 at 06:30, in Gomer Road, Bagshot. Superglue has been placed into front door lock meaning door cannot be locked and will need to be replaced – there are similar reports for several houses in the road
Surrey Police Community Volunteer, Steph Edwards, reports on recent thefts, burglaries, and criminal damage in Surrey Heath in the latest InTheKnow Bulletin for Surrey Heath
- Crime No.45170100047 – Between 10/09/2017 from 20:00 to 11/09/2017 at 12:00, in Manor Way, Bagshot. Car tyres have been slashed while parked on the driveway.
- Crime No.45170100425 – Between 11/09/2017 from 19:15 to 12/09/2017 at 10:00, in Guildford Road, West End. Kitchen window has been smashed and plants have been stolen. Under investigation.
- Crime No.45170100023 – Between 09/09/2017 from 20:00 to 10/09/2017 at 06:00, in Berkshire Road, Camberley. Words have been written on the bonnet of the vehicle. Under investigation.
- Crime No.45170100258 – On 11/09/2017 from 21:45 to 23:09, in Lyon Way, Camberley. Glass has been smashed at the rear of the building, the alarm was activated, entry was gained via rear fire door and a quantity of laptops had been stolen. Under investigation.
- Crime No.45170100708 – Between11/09/2017 from 20:00 to 12/09/2017 at 14:00, in Kingfisher Drive, Camberley. Vehicle has had tyre damaged
- Crime No.45170100894 – On 13/09/2017 from 13:50 to 13:55 in Guildford Road, West End. During the hours of daylight have stolen Karcher jetwasher from car dealership before making off on foot.
- Crime No.45170102460 – On 17/09/2017 from 14:00 to 20:07, in Burma Road, Chobham. A Motorbike rider has kicked victims vehicle over the nearside of wheel arch, making the owner feel in fear of being attacked and very frightened.
- Crime No.45170102294 – Between 16/09/2017 from 20:00 to 17/09/2017 at 07:30, in Mitcham Road, Camberley. Front windscreen of vehicle has been damaged by a brick.
- Crime No.45170102332 – Between 15/09/2017 from 17:00 to 17/09/2017 at 09:30 in Riverside Way, Camberley. Three vans in amongst a lot of other vans have had their spare wheels stolen.
- Crime No.45170102370 – Between 16/09/2017 from 22:00 to 17/09/2017 at 14:46, in Mitcham Road, Camberley. Tyres on vehicle have been slashed.
- Crime No.45170101959 – Between 15/09/2017 from 17:30 to 16/09/2017 at 07:15, in Mytchett Road, Mytchett. A Digger has been stolen from the garden, where an extension is being constructed. Under investigation.
- Crime No.45170102143 – Between 15/09/2017 from 18:00 to 16/09/2017 at 11:00, in Apex Drive, Frimley. Front number plate has been smashed in an attempt to remove it. Under investigation.
- Crime No.45170102152 – On 16/09/2017 from 21:15 to 21.36, in Sheridan Road, Frimley. Car was parked, offside window smashed and wing mirror pushed in.
- Crime No.45170102167 -Between 15/09/2017 from 18:00 to 16/09/2017 at 13:33, in Apex Drive. Frimley. A front number plate has been stolen off a car.
- Crime No.45170103913 – On 17/09/2017 at 10:25, Parking area at rear of 24 High St, Camberley. Suspect has smashed a window of a Ford Transit minibus with a mug.
- Crime No.45170105405 – On 24/09/2017 at 21:40 in Manor Way, Bagshot. Suspects have entered victims van, they were disturbed by the victim, and they then drove off. Under investigation
- Crime No.45170104759 – On 22/09/2017 from 10:30 to 15:30 in Portsmouth Road, Camberley. Ventilation cover has been damage, also pots in garden. Under investigation
- Crime No.45170105248 – In Wilton Road industrial estate, Camberley. Vehicle has had its catalytic converter stolen. Under investigation
- Crime No.45170104913 – Between 22/09/2017 from 21:00 to 23/09/2017 at 08:30, in James Road, Camberley. Car has had offside rear passenger door keyed.
- Crime No.45170105646 – Between 22/09/2017 from 23:30 to 23/09/2017 08:00, in Copped Hall Drive Road, Camberley. Owner’s car was on their driveway overnight, damage has been caused to the driver side, wing mirror damaged, also all along the side to part of the roof has a very bad scratched. Under investigation
- Crime No.45170105857 – Between 22/09/2017 from 09:45 to 25/09/2017 at 20:20, in Cedar Lane, Frimley. Someone have forced of petrol caps from two vehicles in private car park. No petrol has been taken. Under investigation.
Surrey Police Community Volunteer, David Howie, reports on recent thefts, burglaries, and criminal damage in Surrey Heath in the latest InTheKnow Bulletin for Surrey Heath,
- Crime No.45170095548 – On 30/08/2017 from 10:00 to 13:00, at Augustus Gardens, Camberley. Attempt made to break into house (Under investigation)
- Crime No.45170093387 – Between 24/08/2017 from 20:00 to 25/08/2017 at 10:00, in Southern Road, Camberley. Have removed motor bike (Yamaha YZF registration KU52LXF) from the location, parked on the driveway.
- Crime No.45170094182 – Between 16/08/2017 from 18:00 to 27/08/2017 at 10:30, in Esher Rd, Camberley. Front passenger wheel nuts loosened on vehicle.
- Crime No.45170095922 – On 30/08/2017 from 20:00 to 21:00, in Parkway, Camberley. Victim left vehicle insecure and between the hours indicated someone has gone to the van and removed extensive tools.
- Crime No.45170095966 – Between 30/08/2017 from 23:50 to 31/08/2017 at 00:10, in Diamond Ridge, Camberley. Suspects have attended victim’s home address and attempted to steal the catalytic converter from vehicle parked at the address using bolt croppers.
- Crime number: 45170094110. Time: 26/08/2017 18:30 to 27/08/2017 11:00 in Olympia House, Princess Way, Camberley. Window on door to building has been damaged overnight
- Crime No.45170094118 – On 27/08/2017 at 05:00, at The Square, Camberley. Intoxicated male has damaged the doors to the Mall in Camberley
- Crime No.45170095104 – On 29/08/2017 from 15:30 to 15:45, in Upper Park Road, Camberley. Estate agent sign thrown over garden fence causing scratches to window pane and frame.
- Crime No.45170094116 – Between 26/08/2017 from 19:00 to 27/08/2017 at 09:00, in Parsonage Way, Frimley. During the hours of darkness have entered allotment and smashed pumpkins, courgettes, aubergines, tomatoes and have pulled leeks and sunflowers from the ground.
- Crime No.45170094805 – Between 27/08/2017 from 08:00 to 28/08/2017 at 20:00, in Portsmouth Road, Frimley. Between the stated times the victim is reporting the theft of her front number plates from her vehicle whilst parked outside Frimley Park Hospital
- Crime No.45170094993 – Between 28/08/2017 from 21:00 to 29/08/2017 at 08:30, in Longmeadow, Frimley. Car vandalised overnight. Both of the mirrors had been damaged, one ripped off and the other bent back and shattered.
- Crime No.45170095296 – On 16/08/2017 from 13:30 to 15:30, at Frimley Park Hospital, Portsmouth Road, Frimley. Have gained entry to vehicle and stolen disabled parking badge
- Crime No.45170093976 – On 26/08/2017 from 09:00 to 20:45, in Lucas Green, West End. Unknown how entry gained into premises, untidy search of property and jewellery taken
- Crime No.45170093986 – On 26/08/2017 from 16:50 to 17:10, in Alpha Rd, Chobham. Males have entered location by force and have carried out untidy search. Unknown what items have been taken. (Under investigation)
- Crime No.45170094171 – Between 26/08/2017 from 10:00 to 27/08/2017 at 11:00, in Lucas Green Road, West End. Forced entry via rear patio door. Untidy search of 3 bedroom semi-detached property. Jewellery taken.
- Crime No.45170095476 – Between 29/08/2017 from 09:45 to 30/08/2017 at 11:17, in Rugosa Road, West End. Burglary at large detached premises. Entry via smashing rear conservatory door. Untidy search. (Under investigation)
- Crime No.45170094647 – Between 27/08/2017 from 20:41 to 28/08/2017 at 20:41, in Parkers Court, Bagshot. Have gone into Ford Transit and taken tool with knife, Bosch drill set and tool bag with scaffold equipment and then left.
- Crime No.45170095876 – Between 30/08/2017 from 22:00 to 31/08/2017 at 06:00, in Elder Road, Bisley. BMW badges stolen from Black BMW Saloon whilst parked outside home address overnight.
- Crime No.45170093408 – Between 24/08/2017 from 20:30 to 25/08/2017 at 07:30, in Rectory Lane, Windlesham. Suspect has approached an elderly Russian Arabian female horse in a field adjoining a farm. Suspect has cut off approximately half the length of the horse’s tail and tied the cut off piece of the tail to the fence.
- Crime No.45170094566 – Between 25/08/2017 from 08:00 to 28/08/2017 at 17:30, in Guildford Rd, Bagshot. Car tyres have been slashed whilst victim has been away.
- Crime No.5170094991 – Between 28/08/2017 from 16:00 to 29/08/2017 at 06:30, in The Avenue, Lightwater. Rugby goal post has been damaged overnight (Under investigation)
- Crime No.45170095542 – On 30/08/2017 from 10:30 to 16:40, in Scotts Grove Road, Chobham. The padlock was smashed off the gates to the site. A cement mixer and cement was stolen. Victims have now fitted a padlock with an alarm and are getting CCTV and flood lights.
- Crime No.45170096122 – On 31/08/2017 at 16:42, in Lightwater Country Park, Lightwater. Suspect/s have kicked a lower level light lamppost situated in a car park causing it to break off.
- Crime No.45170096430 – Between 28/08/2017 from 10:00 to 01/09/2017 at 12:00, in Warren Rise, Frimley. Rear patio door has been smashed.
- Crime No.45170096466 – Between 01/08/2017 from 00:00 to 01/09/2017 at 17:4, in James Road, Frimley. There is evidence that suspect has entered both the shed and main dwelling. Items stolen from inside of dwelling.
- Crime No.45170096806 – On 02/09/2017 at 18:00, in Albany Park, Frimley. Group of suspects have attended the Krispy Kreme Factory, have tried to gain access through the rear door. Tried pushing the doors and kicking them. Under investigation.
- Crime No.45170096938 – On 03/09/2017 from 06:56 to 07:57, in Tomlinscote Way, Frimley. Suspect has driven a vehicle (DU60LV) has forced open gates damaging chain into school grounds, forced open door to block A causing damage. Electrical goods and cash have been taken, all this was captured on CCTV. Under Investigation:
- Crime No.45170096555 – Between 31/08/2017 from 09:30 to 02/09/2017 at 08:30, in All Saints Road, Lightwater. A set of Golf Clubs had been taken from the Garden Shed.