Surrey Heath Borough Council announce special events in The Square shopping centre in Camberley,
Bring your family to our magical ballet weekend on 3 and 4 November, held at Cambridge Square (outside House of Fraser) in The Square shopping centre.
A brand new dance piece, created especially for Camberley featuring professional dancers from Camberley’s Bluebell Ballet School, will be showing at intervals throughout the day.
The event will provide:
• The opportunity for your child to learn basic ballet steps, led by our professional choreographer and dancers
• Colouring In and craft activities
• Photo opportunity with ballerinas and toy soldiers
• 11.0am: The Nutcracker Dance (this will be performed by our professional dancers)
• 11.30am: Storytelling, The Nutcracker
• 11.45am: Bluebell Ballet performance
• 12.15pm: Dance Workshop
• 1.0pm: The Nutcracker Dance (we invite those who have done the workshop to join in the show)
• 2.0pm: Storytelling, The Nutcracker
• 2.15pm: Bluebell Ballet performance
• 2.45pm: Craft Session – Make mice ears to wear in our final show!
• 3.15pm: Dance Workshop (join in and take part in our final show)
• 4.0pm: The Nutcracker Dance (led by our dancers and we invite those who have joined in the workshop or craft activity to join in)
Why not come dressed up? Prizes for the best dressed!
The Vienna Festival Ballet company is bringing the Nutcracker ballet to Camberley Theatre on Friday 23 November. Find out more and book tickets https://www.camberleytheatre.co.uk/events/vienna-festival-ballet-nutcracker
Camberley set to inspire
Surrey Heath Borough Council (SHBC) is committed to supporting and regenerating Camberley town centre. SHBC’s investments have already seen the unique acquisition of The Square shopping centre, commencing its refurbishment programme within the first year of ownership. Followed by an ambitious set of projects to improve the roads, pavements and street scene.
A redundant office building has also been purchased to create 116 high quality town centre apartments, with proposals to re-deliver new business space.
SHBC is also currently in the process of sourcing an innovative developer partner for the London Road site. Situated fronting the London Road, opposite the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, the 5.5-acre site has the potential to create a mixed-use development.
The regeneration work is supported by a comprehensive events programme, grant schemes for independent businesses and cultural and enrichment projects to ensure Camberley is a key destination and experience.