Here’s a peaceful scene at Two Bridges, on Dartmoor, where we were on Wednesday, as a counter to the horrors in Manchester at the start of this week.
The final event of the ten days of the Camberley International Festival is a Carnival procession on Saturday 17th June. At 12 noon the carnival procession leaves Knoll Road, proceeding along the High Street, Pembroke Broadway to arrive at the London Road Recreation Ground
There are plenty of activities associated with the Carnival during the day at Camberley Theatre and at the London Road Recreation Ground
One victim fell for the scam after calling a ‘help’ number advertised on a pop up window. The window which wouldn’t close said the victim had been affected by WannaCry Ransomware.
The victim granted the fraudsters remote access to their PC after being convinced there wasn’t sufficient anti-virus protection. The fraudsters then installed Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool, which is actually free and took £320 as payment.
It is important to remember that Microsoft’s error and warning messages on your PC will never include a phone number. Additionally Microsoft will never proactively reach out to you to provide unsolicited PC or technical support. Any communication they have with you must be initiated by you.
How to protect yourself
- Don’t call numbers from pop-up messages.
- Never allow remote access to your computer.
- Always be wary of unsolicited calls. If you’re unsure of a caller’s identity, hang up.
- Never divulge passwords or pin numbers.
- Microsoft or someone on their behalf will never call you.
If you believe you have already been a victim
- Get your computer checked for any additional programmes or software that may have been installed.
- Contact your bank to stop any further payments being taken.
Report fraud and cyber crime to Actionfraud.police.uk
Surrey Police Community Volunteer, Steph Edwards, reports on recent thefts, burglaries, and criminal damage in Surrey Heath in the latest InTheKnow Bulletin for Surrey Heath,
- Crime No.45170051846 – On 18/05/2017 from 07:50 to 18.10, at Windmill Field, Windlesham. During hours of daylight have approached detached house and forced open a ground floor kitchen window have made an untidy search of the master bedroom stealing a safe and items of jewellery. Leaving via the back door. [Under investigation]
- Crime No.45170053254 – On 22/05/2017 from 09:15 to 09:20, at Mill Pond Road, Windlesham. Suspect has entered rear of property through bedroom window. Disturbed and nothing taken. [Under investigation]
- Crime No.45170053129 – Between 19/05/2017 from 10:29 to 22/05/2017 at 10:51, at Wharf Road, Frimley Green. Restaurant boat, has been broken into, untidy search and drug use.
- Crime No.45170053199 – Between 20/05/2017 from 20:30 to 21/05/2017 at 10:30, at Lynwood Drive, Mytchett. A purse has been stolen from Vehicle. [Under investigation]
- Crime No.45170051979 – On 19/05/2017 from 03:19 to 05:00, at Arthur Close. Bagshot. Items including mobile and wallet taken form the address. Times 2 Car keys stolen, cars were taken from nearby car park. [Under investigation]
- Crime No.45170053392 – Between 16/05/2017 from 19:00 to 22/05/2017 at 13:30, at London Road, Bagshot. Boarding had been removed from broken window at the Centre, the premises had been entered and items moved. [Under investigation]
- Crime No.45170053863 – On 23/05/2017 from 14:30 to 19:00, at London Road, Bagshot.. The Centre has been broken into twice in the last three weeks, although nothing had been stolen on any of the occasions there has been vandalism and criminal damage totalling £1,000.00. [Under investigation]
On Saturday 10th June the Rajasthan Heritage Brass Band will be among others playing in Park Street, Camberley, from 1.00pm to 5.0pm. Sounds like should be fun.