At Mapping London there’s almost a map for every need. Up to you to investigate further. Click on image to link to the website.
Here’s a photo of from the top of High Curley in Lightwater, without its cover of trees, bushes and vegetation restricting its scenic views. My photo is of an image of High Curley taken from an exhibition board at Surrey Heath Museum’s exhibition on the work and history of the Camberley Natural History Society. I’ve no information as to when the photo of Curley Hill was taken.
Surely, the benefit of getting to the top of a hill is to enjoy the view. It’s not now easy to see Guildford Cathedral, or the many other interesting features, promised in the BBC’s list of Top Ten Views Points in Surrey
Surrey Police volunteer, and Neighbourhood Watch Administrator, Stephanie Edwards 20420 [Contact telephone: 101 Ext. 31374] provides Surrey Police April 2016 Stakeholders Bulletin.
Surrey Police report on recent thefts, burglaries, and criminal damage in Surrey Heath in their latest Surrey Heath Neighbourhood Watch Bulletin,
- Crime Number: 45160033310: On 22/04/16 between 18.55 hrs and 19.00 hrs at Laird Court, Bagshot. Wooden fence damaged.
- Crime Number: 45160033563: Between 15/04/16 and 24/04/16 from 23.00 hrs to 03.00 hrs at Grasmere Road, Lightwater, where fence damaged twice over an eight day period.
- Crime Number: 45160033384: On 23/04/16 between 15.45 hrs and 16.45 at Badgers Copse, Camberley. The rear garden entered through insecure gate and patio doors broken. Nothing stolen.
- Crime Number: 45160033790: From 01/12/15 to 22/04/16 between 01.00 hrs and 12.00 hrs at Mount Road, Chobham. Jewellery stolen from property over a period of time.
- Crime Number: 45160034177: Between 22/04/16 to 23/04/16 from 00.01 hrs and 23.59 hrs at Elizabeth Avenue, Bagshot: Conservatory window smashed.
- Crime Number: 45160034403: Between 20/04/16 and 21/04/16 at 17.00 hrs at St Catherine’s Wood, Camberley, where a mountain bike stolen from communal storage area.
- Crime Number: 45160034610: Between 01/10/15 and 17/04/16 from 00.01 hrs and 23.59 hrs at Lorraine Road, Camberley: Damage to five fence panels and large tree branches in rear garden.
- Crime Number: 45160034303: On 26/04/16 at 16.45 at Whitmore Road, Bagshot. Car window smashed and several items stolen from the back seat.
- Crime Number: 45160034662: On 27/04/16 between 13.45 hrs and 14.45 hrs at Obelisk Way, Camberley: Attempted break in to property via front door.
- Crime Number: 45160034748: On 27/04/16 at 22.00 hrs at Cobbetts Walk, Bisley. Works van broken into and several items stolen.
- Crime Number: 45160035006: Between 24/04/16 and 28/04/16 at 18.14 in High Street, Bagshot, a rear window of first floor flat has been damaged by small projectile object.
While travelling along Red Road, if for a moment you were able to avert you eyes from the road – difficult I know, you might have seen construction machinery in Folly Bog. Here’s the info.
The work was associated with the Esso pipeline that runs through Folly Bog. It carries jet fuel from the Fawley Oil Refinery to Heathrow and Gatwick. What exactly the work involved I’n not sure. It did involve digging to uncover the pipeline, just as it did for similar work at Colony Gate.
I wasn’t able to visit the work while it was being done – annoyingly, life just got in the way. I’ve visited the site of the digging twice since they completed the work. Once while the protective track was in place and some equipment remained, and then yesterday after all the equipment, and protective track was removed.
Before I show my pictures of the work. You might like to know more about the pipeline and the pipeline markers. HERE all is explained.
Surrey Police volunteer, and Neighbourhood Watch Administrator, Stephanie Edwards 20420 [Contact telephone: 101 Ext. 31374] requests information on the following,
The work was never carried out.
The offence took place between 10.00 – 11.45 on Friday 22nd April 2016.
Location: Pine Avenue, Camberley
The offenders are described as:
- Male one: White. Aged between 20 and 30. Dark hair. Dark trousers and a dark t-shirt with lots of white on the front. He called himself Alan.
- Male two: White. Aged between 20 and 30. Dark hair. Dark trousers and a dark t-shirt.
They were in a silver/grey car and stated they were from a company called Nationwide.
If anyone has any information that may assist the Police with their investigation please contact Surrey Police on 101.