We arrived just after opening time at Bisley’s Strawberry Fayre. Following a tour of the stands we settled on straw bales at the Main Arena at which students of the Leanne Edwards School of Dramatic arts were performing.
Beginning with the senior students in an acrobatic ballet performance, I had my camera ready to capture the performance. I was delighted with one of my photos capturing a student in mid air. It was only later when I wanted to show a friend we’d met at the Fayre of my luck with the photo, only to realise that the camera didn’t have a memory card – disaster – no photos. I had to rely on my phone camera, though sadly all the artistic experession of the dance students that I thought I’d captured wasn’t to be.
While watching the dance students we took an early lunch, hog roast and Cumberland sausage roll from Merrywood Farm. Both of which were excellent, so much so that I thanked them. There’s always much to enjoy at the Fayre, Pimms, Brass Band music, strawberries, human fruit machine, morris men, a rock choir and more.
I’ve mentioned eight events [now nine, plus an Aldershot event] in June happening in and around Surrey Heath. Here’s a recap of them in date sequence.
- Saturday 8th June: West End Village Fete
- Saturday 8th June: Windlesham Village Fete
- Sunday 9th June: Frimley Green Gardens Open Day
- Thursday 13th June: Park Opera in Windlesham
- Sunday 16th June: Royal Military Academy Sandhurst Heritage Day
- Saturday 22nd June: Camberley Carnival
- Wednesday 26th June: Lecture at Arts Society Camberley
- Friday 28th – 30th June: CAMFEST in Camberley
- Saturday 29th June: Armed Forces Day in Aldershot
- Sunday 30th June: Bisley Strawberry Fayre