On Sunday we visited The Holloway Sanatorium in Virginia Water, more on this in next article. Meanwhile, over the past few years, we’ve visited,
- Woking Palace
- Hogs Back Brewery
- Carshalton Water Tower
- Bagshot Chapel
- British Rail Electrical Control Room at Woking
- Nonsuch Palace
- Royal Holloway and picture gallery
- The Old Police Station, Bagshot
- Army Medical Services Museum, Mytchett
- Watts Gallery, nr Guildford
- The Great Barn at Wanborough
Oh, and loads more. Each in their own way was fascinating.
If you missed a visit to a Heritage Open Days event, this coming weekend it’s Open House London. We put our name in the ballot to visit No 10 Downing Street. Sadly, our name did come out of the ballot as a winner. Maybe next year.
Locally, I can recommend Kempton Park Water Pumping Station, there’s tea and cake on offer as well as the ‘world’s largest working triple-expansion steam engine in action’. Enough. I’ll let you browse the Open House London website to make your choice.