After the success the inaugural festival in 2016 this June sees the Camberley International Festival return for its second year. Organised once more by Surrey Heath Borough Council and Camberley Theatre and with BAFTA Award winning actress Juliet Aubrey as the festival’s patron, there is a wealth of fabulous entertainment on offer across Camberley for ten days and nights between the 7th – 17th June.
Juliet will also be judging the C.I.F. short film competition, the final of which is at Camberley Theatre on June 15th.
Ten venues and over 50 artists and performers will be taking part – from award winning musicians and actors, to local singers and dancers; Camberley will be buzzing with creativity and talent this June.
There is a whole free, fringe section to the festival, complete details to be announced soon. These are the headline, ticketed events, taking place at Camberley Theatre.
- Oysterband (Folk)
- Date: Sunday June 11th (Main Auditorium): Time 7:30pm: Tickets: £20
- Oysterband make a modern, folk-based British music, acoustic at heart, sometimes intense, sometimes rocking. Since 1978 they’ve toured in 35 countries – festivals, concerts, bars, rallies, jails! They have won 5 BBC Folk Awards and made 13 studio albums.
- Jack Philp Company: Psychoacoustic (Contemporary Dance)
- Date: Sunday June 11th (Function Room): Time: 7:30: Tickets: Full £12, Theatre Club £11
- ‘Psychoacoustic’ explores body and brain responses to sound, movement and the environments around us through the collaborative force of science, music and dance. ‘Psychoacoustic’ is science doing dance and dance doing science. Something physical, something tested and something seen and heard.
- Graeham of Thrones (Comedy)
- Date: Tuesday 13th June: Time: 7:30pm: Tickets: £19.50
- In this critically-acclaimed theatrical journey through the Seven Kingdoms, avid ‘Thrones’ fan Graeme just wants to recreate his favourite fantasy saga on stage. He doesn’t quite have the same budget as the TV show, or as many cast members, or the performance skills required, but he’s sure George RR Martin would approve – and that’s what matters. But when news reaches him that an influential theatrical producer is in the building, Graeme decides that this could be his big break – as long as nothing goes wrong…
- All Star Stand Up (Comedy)
- Date: Friday June 16th: Time: 7:30pm: Tickets: £21
- The All-Star Stand-Up Tour is back in 2017 with 3 more top comedians alongside returning compere Jarred Christmas. The line-up includes Canadian one-liner king and star of ‘Mock The Week’ & ‘Live At The Apollo’ Stewart Francis and from ‘Phoenix Nights’ and ‘8 Out Of 10 Cats’ Justin Moorhouse. Mike Gunn completes the line-up. Mike has been seen on BBC 1’s ‘Michael McIntyre’s Comedy Roadshow’ and supported Lee Mack on tour. He has been described as one of the ‘10 leading stand-ups in Britain’ by The Independent and The Guardian said “Mike Gunn will make you die laughing”.
For more details about the Camberley International Festival, including details of the short-film competition, the free fringe free events plus details of how to be involved in the grand finale – the Camberley Carnival – please visit: www.camberleyinternational.com