Surrey Heath Borough Council announce their request for nominations to the 2017 Surrey Heath Business Awards,
Surrey Heath’s best businesses, big and small, are encouraged to start 2017 by entering the Surrey Heath Business Awards. Nominations for the borough’s fourth annual business awards are now open, celebrating even more of the great people, firms and ideas that keep our local economy thriving.
The awards will take place in March, hosted during Surrey Heath’s Business Breakfast event at Camberley Theatre. It’s free for all Surrey Heath businesses to either put themselves forward or nominate others. There are six awards in total:
- Best New Business – Spotlighting new and emerging businesses.
- Developing Talent Award – Recognising businesses that provide opportunities for personal development.
- Business Innovation of the Year – Awarding creativity with measurable results.
- Corporate Social Responsibility Award – Recognising organisations who take responsibility towards the community and the environment.
- Best Small/Medium-Sized Business – Spotlighting businesses with less than 250 employees.
- Outstanding Achievement Award – Celebrating a company, organisation or individual who has significantly contributed to the growth and success of the Surrey Heath business community over a number of years.
Five-star Hotel & Spa Pennyhill Park in Bagshot was named winner of last year’s Outstanding Achievement Award. Managing Director Danny Pecorelli said: “Any successful business needs to start off by being embedded and respected in its own local community so it was a huge honour to be awarded the prestigious Outstanding Achievement award at last year’s Surrey Heath Business Awards. It was also such a boost for our fantastic team to get the public recognition an award such as this gives.”
Businesses can enter more than one category, and the closing date for entries is Friday 3 March. After judging takes place, shortlisted candidates will be invited to the awards ceremony on Friday 31 March at Camberley Theatre.
As well as a specially commissioned award, each winner will be invited to the annual Surrey Heath Civic Dinner, and promoted through various media channels, including Heathscene magazine, the council’s website and social media.
More details, including how to apply, are available at: www.surreyheath.gov.uk/shba