It doesn’t come to mind who the wise person was who I’m sure said “it’s important to learn something new everyday”.
- 17th November: John York – Teutonic Knights
- 24th November: Anne Greenstreet – Stanley Spencer and Cookham
- 1st December: Gordon Lloyd – Astronomy: Cody Astronomical Society
- 8th December: Roy Devereux – Panama: the greatest short cut in history
- 15th December: David Hacker – Dynatron Radio from 1924 to 1958
- 22nd December: Phil Stevens – Christmases in Surrey Heath
Hardly any distance from Surrey Heath are the joys to be had at any of the Royal Holloway events. Many of the events are free, some at a modest cost, and occasionally some at a higher cost, just like the St Cecilia’s Evening this Saturday that we’re attending.
Royal Holloway have two events in November that we’re hoping to attend,
- 21st November: Dr Harriet O’Neill – Thomas Holloway and the formation of the Picture Gallery
- 23rd November: Dr Asher Kaboth – Catching Ghost Particles
Of course, there are also talks at the Camberley Natural History Society, Surrey Heath Local History Club, and many more local societies.