Apologies for not advising readers earlier of the meeting of Surrey Heath Local Committee this evening. It’s being held at Camberley Theatre, and the meeting begins at 6.0pm.
If you’re keen on asking a question then it’s important to be there from 6.0pm for around 30-40 minutes.
Of course, you can stay to hear the responses and reports to the following from Surrey Highways officers,
- Three new petitions
- Petition to stop the increase of heavy HGV’s through the villages Windlesham and Chobham
- Petition restrict HGV access to Lucas Green Road, West End
- Petition to stop directing HGV traffic through West End, Bisley, Knaphill, Brookwood to Woking
- Responses to petitions on,
- Start a traffic management plan for Red Road, Lightwater. [More on this in the next article]
- Request to defer proposed traffic light installation at the junctions of Wharf Road, Frimley Green Road, Guildford Road, and Sturt Road with Frimley Green Road.
- Stop through traffic using Bagshot Village as a short cut to the M3.
I need to ask a question about the planned Red Road closure for manhole cover replacement. I can’t say that I’m looking forward to attending the meeting – though they do offer free biscuits with tea.
I’ll leave you to follow the above links to review the responses from Surrey Highways.