I’ve followed the Halifax Quality of Life Survey – 50 Best Places to Live since 2007, and seen Surrey Heath’s position drop from 3rd to outside the top 50. In 2012 I reported on Surrey Heath’s changed positions.
I’ve been troubled by the survey’s methodology for many years, as it gives such variable results. Warwick, for example, dropped from 11th in 2014 to 40th this year. The Daily Mail has a fulsome article on the survey, including the complete list of positions of towns in 2014 and 2015.
Here are the positions of the top 20 best places to live in the 2015 survey.
- Hart, South East
- South Oxfordshire, South East
- Chiltern, South East
- Winchester, South East
- Rutland, East Midlands
- Waverley, South East
- Mole Valley, South East
- Guildford, South East
- South Cambridgeshire, East of England
- Rushcliffe, East Midlands
- Wokingham, South East
- East Cambridgeshire, East of England
- St Albans, East of England
- South Northamptonshire, East Midlands
- Horsham, South East
- Mid Sussex, South East
- St Edmundsbury, East of England
- Eastleigh, South East
- Epsom and Ewell, South East
- Surrey Heath, South East