There are ticketed events in my list of local events celebrating 800th anniversary of the Magna Carta that are now closed. There are still plenty of exciting events to attend where no tickets are required. This coming weekend has the main events local to us in Surrey Heath.
- The Flagship event is The River Relay on Saturday 13th & Sunday 14th June
- Led by the ‘Gloriana’ – the HM The Queen’s Row barge, an impressive flotilla of boats leaves Hurley at 9.0 am on Saturday, stopping at various locations along the River Thames, arriving at Runnymede Pleasure Grounds at 15.15hrs on Sunday.
- There’s a Route Map and Timetable of handover points. [Map courtesy of Royal Borough Of Windsor & Maidenhead]
If you can’t get to the River Thames to watch the River Relay, here are two local events to choose from,
- Sat 13th June: Magna Carta Day – held annually in Egham Town Centre since the early 1990’s. A food and wine festival together with street theatre and a wide range of events bringing extra excitement to the celebrations.
- Sun 14th June: The Great Charter Festival on Sunday 14th June at Royal Holloway College.
There are many, many more events to choose from,