We haven’t many pieces of public art in Surrey Heath, and there’s one about I can learn nothing.
The pieces of public about which you’ll probably know are,
- ‘Into Our First World’ by Ken Ford in front of Surrey Heath Council offices in Camberley
- ‘The Right Way’ by Rick Kirby in Park Street, Camberley
- Statue in the forecourt of The Arena in Grand Avenue
- ‘The Concrete Elephant’ on the A30 near the Meadows roundabout
One piece of public art you might have missed, and about which I’ve found no information, in the same way as Camberley Observed, is,
- ‘The Tambourine Girls’ by Charlotte Randall in square in front of three offices blocks on the A30 in Camberley, a hundred yards or so past Victoria Avenue [click image to enlarge]
I’ve one solution, and that’s to write to the developers, and see what records they have of the sculpture placed there in 1989. I’ve also decided to research in more detail all the pieces of public art in our borough, which should be fun.