On behalf of our new Mayor, we’re attending Lightwater’s Jubilee event, as the immediate past mayor and mayoress. Useful when the Mayor is committed elsewhere. We’re really looking forward to Lightwater’s Jubilee Celebration on Saturday 2nd June. The organisers from the Lightwater Business Association will be wearing splendid bright red polo shirts.
It’s not just in Lightwater, there are Jubilee events all over the Borough, street parties galore, and some bigger events, which are:
- Canalside Jubilee at Frimley Lodge Park on June 2, 3 and 4 from 12-5pm. Organised by Surrey and Hants Canal Society a number of boats are expected on the canal as the event is to celebrate the 21 years since the Royal re-opening of the Basingstoke Canal as well as the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee. A selection of attractions from fairground rides and bouncy castle to live music and dancers, plus lots more.
- Diamond Jubilee Picnic in the Park, London Road Recreation Ground Camberley on June 3, from 12-4pm. Bring your own picnic! Organised by the Southwell Park Road Residents Association, there will be Cricket, face painting, a royalty themed fancy dress competition.
- Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Street Party in Bagshot High Street on June 3, from 2-6pm. Children’s entertainment, Maypole dancing, live music, stalls and fashion show.
- Diamond Jubilee Parade & Lighting of the Surrey Heath Beacon on Monday June 4. Meet at 9pm at the top of Henley Drive, Frimley Green. The beacon will be lit at the Frimley Green Recreation Ground.
- Queen’s Diamond Jubilee ‘Party in the Park’ hosted by Heatherside Community Association on Tuesday 5 June at Heatherside Recreation Ground from 2-9pm.
I’m going to go to as many of these events as I can, anywhere there’s a ‘hot dog’, beer and ice cream.